The American Red Cross Lakeland Chapter is calling on heroes to raise money for their community. Money raised by heroes supports programs that help, victims of disasters get crucial help in their time of need, military members and their families get connected during a personal crisis, train people in our community in the lifesaving skills, provide transportation to senior citizens and those with disabilities, collect and distribute lifesaving blood –and much more.
Community heroes including business owners, co-workers, family, friends and neighbors, support the American Red Cross everyday. Every donation is important, just as every donor is one of our Heroes. The support for Haiti has been amazing. Now we need our neighbors to support local operations.
The Heroes for the American Red Cross campaign is a grassroots effort asking people, who make heroism an everyday thing, to commit to raising $1,000 dollars to support their community.
Our goal is to raise $25,000 by end of May through the efforts of 25 local Heroes.
The Lakeland Chapter serves an eight county area: Brown, Door, Kewaunee, Marinette, Menominee (WI), Oconto, Shawano and Menominee (MI). We have over 450,000 people living within this jurisdiction that covers 5,746 square miles.
Join the Heroes for the American Red Cross by finding your own way to help:
- Involve your friends and family
- Ask your employer about a matching gift program
- Larry Staszak, Disaster Volunteer, raised money last year by putting donation boxes around his home town of Suring.
- Use your talents such as music, art and baking. The last few years Chad Resar, Board Member, used his professional talents as a lawyer providing last will and testaments to those who made a donation.
- Host a “Jeans to Work” day where every participant donates to take part
- Ask vendors, suppliers and civic groups to support your efforts.
- Request a fundraising banner and fill it with “sold” squares
- Host a garage sale or bake sale to raise money
- Host a fundraising party
Invest in something positive. Be a hero for the American Red Cross and indulge in helping others. To get started contact Mauree Childress at 920-227-4286 or email@example.com. You can also go to the Online Heroes TeamRaiser site http://american.redcross.org/heroes
Filed under: Fundraising