Happened at Glenn’s Bar & Grill on Monday evening
MANITOWOC – A Manitowoc bar has been destroyed in a fire.
It started around 10:30 Monday night at Glenn’s Bar & Grill on South 14th Street.
Officials say the building included living spaces upstairs with 12 rooms. 11 people lived in those rooms and all of them have been accounted for. Officials say some of the tenants had to be rescued from a balcony.
The Red Cross and Salvation Army are helping displaced residents.
The Red Cross is helping seven families right now. They are trying to contact people who haven’t been helped yet. Victims are getting lodging at a local hotel, food, and all the essentials.
The bar was open at the time, but everyone was able to get out safely.
Officials believe the fire started in one of the tenant’s rooms and it doesn’t appear suspicious.
There were some power outages related to the fire, but all power has since been restored.
Five fire departments responded to the scene.