The Lakeland Chapter and Green Bay Park, Recreation & Forestry Department are working together to provide YOU with the NEW American Red Cross Wilderness First Aid course. If you work, live or play in remote areas away from the usual EMS service, this is THE class for you! This two day course encompasses classroom discussion, skills practice and role play scenarios to pull together all the elements of response steps and treatment of injuries and illnesses in a delayed-help situation. This class covers assessment and first aid techniques.
- Identify how to respond to emergencies in delayed help situations
- Identity causes of injuries and how to prevent them in wilderness areas
- Learn proper preparation for journeys into the back country
- Learn proper steps when EMS is not available
- Learn basic and more advanced first aid techniques
- Learn how to respond to an emotionally upset victim
- Learn short distance transfer techniques
WHEN: April 16th from 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. & April 17th from 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. (Class time includes lunch and other breaks)
WHERE: Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary – 1660 E. Shore Dr., Green Bay, WI 54302
WHAT TO BRING: Please bring a lunch and dress accordingly; scenarios will take place outside.
PREREQUISITES: Must be currently certified in Adult CPR/AED and a minimum age of 14 is required for participants due to the serious nature of the course and scenarios.
COST: $110.00 for two days of training.
HOW TO REGISTER: Please call the Health & Safety Services Department at (920) 227-4290 to register or for more information regarding this course
Class size is limited so register early!!!