Together the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) and American Red Cross will offer Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) scholarships through local Red Cross offices that currently offer an authorized Red Cross NAT course.
Who is eligible?
Through this partnership, the Red Cross and Wounded Warrior Project will support wounded, ill or injured service members/veterans who incur or incurred service-connected wounds, injuries and illnesses (physical and psychological) on or after September 11, 2001. Support also extends to the immediate family members or caregivers of eligible service members.
Nurse Assistant Training Courses
The Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training Program (NAT) provides Wounded Warriors, immediate family members and caregivers with the information and skills they need to become certified nurse assistants (CNA). After completing the course and passing a state certification exam, nurse assistants have skills that provide them with employment opportunities in a variety of health care environments, including long-term care facilities, acute care facilities and in-home health care environments.
Click HERE to learn more about the class.
Nurse Assistant Training Scholarship Guidelines
- Participants for the scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Wounded Warriors/veterans who incur service-connected wounds, injuries and illnesses (physical or psychological) on or after September 11, 2001 or immediate family member or caregivers of eligible service members
- Each scholarship will cover 100% of the cost to be applied to the course and testing fees.
- In no case will the scholarship be more than the actual course fee.
- At least 50 scholarships will be awarded under this grant and will be issued on a first come/first served basis.
- Scholarships must be used prior to June 30, 2014.
Qualifying candidates can attend any of our six Wisconsin locations. Nurse Assistant Training is currently available at the following Red Cross locations:
- Altoona Course Schedule
3728 Spooner Avenue
- Green Bay Course Schedule
2131 Deckner Avenue
Green Bay, 54308
- La Crosse Course Schedule
2927 Losey Blvd, South
La Crosse, 54601
- Oshkosh Course Schedule
515 S. Washburn Street
- Waupaca Course Schedule
418 School Street
- Woodville Course Schedule
220 Lockwood Street
Specific course and to request a registration form can be directed to Tanya Christianson at 715-902-1035 or via email at Tanya.Christianson@redcross.org.