The American Red Cross of Northeast Wisconsin is looking for 3-4 volunteers to assist with casework for our Service to Armed Forces program. Below is the description of the role. We are looking for a time commitment of 5-10 hours a week. All training provided. If you are interested or have additional questions please contact John Kost, Regional Manager, Service to Armed Forces at (920) 733-4481 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Service to Armed Forces Office Location: American Red Cross,1302 E. Wisconsin Avenue, Appleton WI, 54911
Purpose: Provide casework services to military members and their families.
- Support American Red Cross Mission.
- Supports SAF policies, procedures, and protocols related to Military Family Case Management.
- Works with SAF Volunteer Coordinator, SAF Military Family Caseworker Manager, and SAF Regional Manager (as needed) to provide casework follow-up on SAF cases in the chapter’s jurisdictional area in accordance with ARC standards and guidelines. Tasks include accessing the web based SAF Case Management System (Self-Service), making follow up calls, and logging case notes on a regular basis.
- Successfully completes required Introduction to SAF Casework and Introduction to SAF Self-Service (Case Management System) online training and locally developed casework orientation. (6-hours).
- Acquires a working knowledge of Local, State, and Federal Veteran resources.
- Attends scheduled SAF meetings.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of any case notes, names, and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies.
- Positively represents Red Cross to the military, their families, and the veteran community.
- Regional SAF Manager SAF Military Family Caseworker Manager SAF Volunteer Coordinator SAF Military Family Caseworker
- Good listening and interviewing skills.
- Must handle confidential information and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have basic computer skills (MS Office), a home computer with internet connection, and telephone.
- Must be willing to complete required documentation using web based SAF Case Management System (SAF Self-Service).
- Must be willing to volunteer one week in a month (5 – 10 hours/week) and flexibility to continue working with a military family until situation is resolved.
- Willing to travel to Appleton Red Cross office for meetings as needed.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in social work or related field is helpful.
- Awareness of and appreciation for military culture and military families.
- Knowledge of community resources a plus.
- Ability to stand or sit for up to 3 hours.
- New Employee and Volunteer Orientation w/Back Ground Check
- Introduction to SAF Casework (online)
- Introduction to SAF Self-Service (online)
- Locally developed orientation to casework procedures and resources.
- Dress appropriately for working with the public and in a manner that reflects positively on the Red Cross.
- Must wear Red Cross identification at all times when working for Red Cross in the public.
Appointed by: Regional SAF Manager, SAF Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to or Partners with: SAF Family Military Caseworker Manager, SAF Volunteer Coordinator
Length of Appointment: Minimum of 1-year.
Time Commitment: 5 – 10 hours a week.
Development Opportunities: National SAF Caseworker Training: Principles of Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) Casework Class, Military Family Caseworker Manager, Get to Know Us Presenter, SAF Volunteer Coordinator, participation in military and Veterans support events